Wednesday 7 April 2010

Snowy New York - Adam Bacon - 2008


This is a photograph that I took on a trip to New York in February 2008. I think this photo truly encaptures a what everyone sees New York for. It has the yellow taxi's prominently in the foreground of the image, and in the final third of the image from left to right, there is the iconic image of Times Square with two streets going either side of the infamous lights. The steam coming out of the ground and spilling all over the scene just adds a little bit to the atmosphere and composition of the photograph. It's only when you look at the image a little closer you realise that it is snowing. This is probably my favourite photograph that I have ever taken, it came out exactly how I wanted and I was really lucky to have all the taxi's lined up there. The semiotics of the image tell us that the taxi's are the yellow cars, we just know this as soon as we see the image and instantly will relate that and the tower of advertisements as Times Square in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment