Monday 12 April 2010

King Kong - 1933


King Kong is one of the first ever films to use stop-motion animation within the film. It does a fantastic job, even though it does not look that good nowadays, I still love sitting down to watch this film. What amazes me is that nowadays the same techniques are used to create stop-motion, that's spanning just under 80 years of stop-motion animation. It was in fact this film that sparked infamous stop-motion artist Ray Harryhausen to start his career. His first feature film was Mighty Joe Young in 1949. This started a career of many stop-motion films ending in 1981 with possibly his most famous film, Clash of the Titans. I admire all stop-motion animators a lot and think the work they do is amazing and should keep going. I have started a stop-motion animation for my final media product, it's not going to be very long though.

No comments:

Post a Comment