Sunday 11 April 2010

Fell in Love With A Girl - The White Stripes - 2007


This is a stop-motion music video for the song 'Fell in Love With A Girl' by American band The White Stripes, it was directed by Michel Gondry. I love this video, I love the simple idea of using Lego bricks to create a stop-motion video. The length of the song is quite short and the beat is quite fast, the video is almost a blur as it's completed leaving the viewer possibly wanting to watch it again to know what happened. The bright colour's of Lego bricks create a sense of happiness to match the lyrics of the song. Other music video's that have used stop-motion techniques very well include Oren Lavie's 'Her Morning Elegance' and the video for Plan B's song No Good. Watching these video's makes me want to produce my own stop-motion for the media product element. I am not quite sure what sort of storyline I will have to it yet, but hopefully I can create something fairly simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment