Thursday 1 April 2010

Angel of the North - Adam Bacon - 2006


This is a photograph that I took of the Angel of the North in 2006. The first thing I notice about this image is the bold colours and how they separate themselves boldly from one another; from the bright blue in the sky, to the reddish of the angel herself. I think the angle that I have taken this photograph at works very well too, it gives the sense of empowerment to the angel as she is so tall; and because of the iconic status of the angel the superiority that I have tried to portray in the image comes across very well. Again, I can apply the rule of thirds to this image; from left to right the two wings cushion the centre third of the body; but also from top to bottom the head and body border the wing part of the angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment